Friday, June 20, 2014

Estoy empezando de nuevo.

When I woke up this morning, and my eyes fluttered open letting the light into my brain, my immediate reaction was to squeeze them shut.  As if I was two again and if I couldn't see the morning, then that must mean it wasn't there.  I didn't want this day to start, because once it started, then it would be only a matter of short hours before the day ended.  Once I did throw my legs over the side of the bed allowing my body to follow them, I felt self-betrayed.  You got up!  You let morning happen!  Yes, yes...because I had total control over that situation in the first place....*note sarcasm.

Last day before residency starts. I had originally wanted to do nothing but finish reading my book today. But...that didn't happen.  I'd made a trip into the hospital on Wednesday, just to check on the status of everything, and found a stack of work waiting for me.  So I'd spent all day Thursday at the hospital trying to get through it, and therefore my own 'To Do List' still had items on it for today.  I guess it was better this way.  It kept me busy and my mind distracted all day.

Wanted to put up a few pictures from this past Monday.  Mom, Dad and I went into the City, specifically to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
 View of Ellis Island from the Statue's pedestal.

 Dad, Mom and I at the Statue of Liberty.

The Registry Room
Try picturing hundreds and hundreds of people.  Scared people.

The walls have voices.  Thousands of voices.

 
 Looking from Ellis Island towards Manhattan.

Ellis Island.
Island of Hope.  Island of Tears.
"Ellis Island is either the gateway to the promised land or a slough of despond."

Much Love.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Few things...1. Ellis Island!!! 2. Happy spiritual birthday a little late! 3. Some of your pics from Bermuda look fake, the water is so beautiful! 4. Hope your weekend has gone well...you will do great! Love ya