Sunday, May 18, 2014

Estoy lista.

Had a busy last week. Committing one year to research is hardly enough.  The vast majority of all I've been involved in this past year is at the stage just past abstract submission and acceptance. The stage of oral presentation/poster presentation preparation and manuscript writing.
I did manage to get my CV redone.  Thankfully, the research coordinator helped me a lot with that.

Then in the evenings I got together with individuals seeing as things are about to change soon.  One day I got together with my friend Vero.  We played tennis.  Ate ice cream.  That sort of thing.  I gave her the extra key to my apartment as she may need a place to stay for a bit while I'm out in Illinois.  So I may see her yet again before she returns to Texas.  But not counting on it.  Another night, got together with my fellow research colleagues.  We have gotten together multiple times now, usually at the apartment of the research coordinator, his wife having prepared food for us.  This time was no different.  We just sit around and talk, and slowly work our way from course to course.  I didn't even realize it at the time, but this time she had prepared 4 courses. Salad. Empanada. Main course. Dessert. I didn't realize it because she would allow ample time in between the courses.

Then this weekend was busy in CT as well.  Attended the college graduation of Heidi B. on Saturday.  Then today was able to attend the wedding of two friends.  Unfortunately I'm tired now.  I was tired before I even left CT this afternoon. Stayed long enough to wait 20 min in line at the wedding reception, shake the groom's hand, hug the bride then head for the door.

As I head West tomorrow I had hoped I could work on cutting caffeine from my diet.  I'd like to be able to start residency without a dependency.  Well...it'll definitely take some "working on" as I'm pretty sure I won't be able to start yet tomorrow.

One day at a time.

Much Love.

No comments: