Monday, November 25, 2013

Estoy comiendo donas.

I'm heading West tomorrow.  Been awhile since I've seen the prairelands of the Midwest.  Long enough that the last time I drove home the trees looked as they do now.  The cold was as it is now.
Trying to tie up all the lose ends before I leave.  A little bit more planning than usual needed for this trip, a trip that has trips within it.  Did you know that the US postal service only holds mail for a maximum of 30 consecutive days? I hope nothing important arrives in my mail box over the rest of this week...cause it'll sit there for quite awhile if it does.  Going to be away from New York until January, and it's a little weird saying goodbye to people at work and neighbors, etc and wishing them a Happy Thanksgiving, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all in one breath. But this whole year has been on the surreal side anyways, so I guess I should be past the weirdness that life can throw at us.

Got a picture with my officemates, Juan and Alex, before leaving today. 
L to R: Alex, me, Juan.  And yes, they really are that much taller than me! :) Alex will be heading back to Spain in about a week, so was the only final farewell of all the goodbyes.  These guys have been a surprise blessing during my time at WMC. Working with them, learning from them, and being able to call them my friends.

The stereo has gone caput in my car just this last week.  At first I was worried about having a lack of soundtrack for my roadtrip. But then I decided to empty my mp3 player and resync it. Problem solved. Roadtrip soundtrack? check!!

Now if I could just get myself to do the whole packing thing I could maybe be good to go! ;)

Hasta!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's the 411 on your residency interviews? hope all is well!! :)

God bless!!

Anonymous said...

Eyyy!!! You need to write something to keep us updated! Hugs!