Thursday, November 21, 2013

Estoy limpiando la casa.

Pulling out of the parking lot at the hospital this evening, I turned the radio all the way up.  It was just one of those kind of evenings.  I wanted to drive fast.  Bad luck. Very bad luck. Construction on my route was supposed to end at 3pm....."supposed to end", because it definitely was still in progress, bottlenecking rush-hour traffic and backing it up for miles of stop-n-go.  Sigh.  I don't know who had the worse luck.  The construction workers, stuck on the job (for probably some really frustrating reason) hours past shut down time.  Or the rest of us trying to go North on 9A after work.  Finally making my way to the actual area of construction, I was struck by something rather funny.  And when I say 'struck' I mean 'slap in the face'. And when I say 'funny' I mean 'eye roll + snort'.  While all the workers were just standing around, there was one guy still working.  He was the sign holder.  He was there with the stop/slow sign motioning each car on through with a wave of his hand.  Really my friend?  After over an hour of going seemingly nowhere, I now need your okay to press the gas peddle? Forgive my rudeness my friend, but I respond to that slap in the face with an eye roll and snort.  Those last 4 miles home were probably a bit more on the excessive side of fast.

Going to be having my second over-night guests visiting tomorrow night, so I did half the cleaning this evening.  I turned my music up loud and serenaded my poor unsuspecting neighbors while scrubbing the toilet bowl.  I hope my usual quietness makes them more on the forgiving side.  After awhile Apt 5 started playing his guitar.  I pretended he was joining in and playing along. Instead of trying to drown me out! ;)

Got another quote for you from one of my officemates.
JMV: "Are you trying to decodificate me?"  (a.k.a. Can you make sense of what I'm saying?)

Hasta!

No comments: