Monday, April 23, 2012

Yo estoy sorprendida.

I believe I posted this photo awhile ago. If I didn't, I had intended to and I'm sorry that I forgot. This view is of Lake Chapala. I pass it on my drive to Ixtlan. It occurs during a part in the journey that consists of winding curves with hill/mountain to the left of the rode and Lake Chapala to the right. Due to the character of the road this actual view only lasts for about 2 seconds and it's gone. When I took this picture I knew that the sun was too high in the sky for "picture perfect." If I'd caught it earlier in the day the sun turns the lake into dancing dazzling reflections of light, but I decided to take the photo anyways. Those two seconds were my favorite two seconds of the drive to Ixtlan. I'd get so excited when the window was approaching and would suddenly be paying very close attention to my driving determined not to miss it. Notice I used past tense in those last two sentences?
To my disblief, the lake has been filled in!! The palm tree is still there. The house is still there. But all the boats gone. All dancing dazzling reflections of light gone. I never got my "picture perfect" capture of the view, but the two pictures I do have are now all of a sudden much more valuable to me. I am sorry to have to relate my personal explanation of the picture, but I wanted to blog because I wanted to make a point about taking advantage of opportunities. About not letting time slip by thinking you'll still have time latter. About redeeming the time you're given. You never know...tomorrow the lake may be filled in.
Here's a closer view.


Hasta!
Ecclesiastes 9:10-12
10Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
11I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
12For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth
suddenly upon them.

No comments: