Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yo estoy reseca.

It's nearing the end of dry season. And boy is it dry! Rains don't start until mid-June, but it'd be nice if God kind of bumped up the schedule a bit. Colomos park once beautiful with overabounding green is now brown and dead. Trails where once you couldn't see the path due to the green grasses and bushes occluding your view are now covered with nothing more than a layer of dead pine needles. In my head I had storyboarded a short video to shoot in Colomos but never got around to it, and now it's too late. I'll be gone before the rains restore it to life again. (Kind of rings similar of my last blog post - I never took advantage of the time I had and now that video will never be more than an idea I once had.)

Anyways, along the same line of our current state of dryness, the point of this blog is the wildfire that's been eating up Primavera Forrest and wildlife refuge just West of Guadalajara. It's been burning for a few days now. Many are able to see the fires at night from their rooftops but our house isn't tall enough so the pictures below aren't mine, but from Google images. At times throughout the day, depending on the direction of the wind, I can smell the smoke. Right now is one of those times.
View of Bosque La Primavera burning at night.

Another view of Bosque La Primavera burning at night

Aerial view of Bosque La Primavera wildfire.

Bosque La Primavera burning.

Looking West of Guadalajara at sunrise you can see the smoke rising from Bosque La Primavera as it continues to burn.



Hasta!

No comments: