Sunday, June 5, 2011

Yo estoy tratando seguir.

Our bodies are fantastic creations. When you put something inside of them that does not belong, they don't even bother asking you for permission....they just get rid of it as fast as they can and by any means possible. My Friday night was spent in such a predicament. My body wouldn't even let me drink water though I wanted it soooooo badly. I don't ever remember feeling that dehydrated. I stuck out my arm and asked the emptiness beside my bed to please start an IV for me. (I think I was bordering on delusional at that point.) By 4:00am Saturday I was starting to get a little nervous about my chances of making it to Ixtlan for the weekend. But as I've already said, our bodies are fantastic creations, and by 9:15am I was on my way.

My friend, Jennifer, came with me this weekend. It's exciting to share Ixtlan with my GDL friends. I talk about it all the time and it's nice to know that they can put a face with a name etc. Jenn's one of my future roommates so hopefully she'll be able to come again and perhaps next time someone else will join us.

Jenn wasn't the only visitor in Ixtlan this weekend. Kirby and Areli Reutter are visiting from Indiana and brought a group with them. Amongst this wonderful group was none other than the fabulous Kristin Zimmerman. She's totally gone up 5 points on the cool factor scale. I'm telling you, visiting GDL/Ixtlan Mexico does that to a person automatically. Easiest cool factor points EVER!!! Fun tidbit: Kristin's going to be in Gridley next weekend proving what a small world it is! :)

Which reminds me!!!!! It suddenly hit me Saturday that I'LL BE IN ILLINOIS IN 1 WEEK!!!!! (less than that now) This week is going to be full of changes, and a huge pile of things to do that I'll frantically be trying to diminish in time while still be ready for my final final on Friday. But either way, two things are very true. Time passes whether I'm ready for it or not. And, I'm soooooo ready for this whirlwind visit back home. YOU BETTER BE READY ILLINOIS, CAUSE I'M COMIN' A DANCIN'!!!!! ;)

There were also two brothers from Hungary visiting in Ixtlan who will be there for a bit. One spoke some Spanish no English, but the second spoke only Hungarian (it was quite humorous to see Matt attempting communication with him Saturday night; it's pretty amazing how far you can get with only body language/charades/props!) Who's planning the next trip to visit our brothers and sisters in Hungary?

As for the update that I mentioned two blog posts ago. I let go of those small stones a bit ago trusting God would land them where He willed. It took me aback to discover the size of the Goliath that God has choosen for me. I received an acceptance to Harvard Medical School, and so *gulp* trusting that God will be going with me, I'll be headed to the East Coast to Boston's Children's Hospital to complete my first US elective during the month of July. I place this elective in God's hands, that though I'll just be "passing through," there for only a short while, I trust that not only will I grow from the experience, but I will be of use to my Savior while there. First and foremost and always working for God's Kingdom.

Hasta!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoohhooo!!! Can't wait to see you and give you a great big hug! Harvard...oh what an adventure! You never know what adventures God has planned ;) Excited for you!!!
love ya -K

Anonymous said...

omg!!!! HARVARD!!! wow....that is just amazing :D :D....sending you bunch of blessings!!!

enjoy!!! :D