Friday, June 24, 2011

Yo estoy excursionando.

This June could be described as a whirlwind, as something in any circling rush or violent onward course. Or more appropriate perhaps (violent could be considered overly dramatic) would the term whirlwind be used as an adjective to describe June. Such as a 'whirlwind June' meaning like a whirlwind, as in speed or force.

Since my last post I finished up my last week of 6th semester medical school at UAG. And though UAG administration had been mixing up our 7th semester for us (in other words, changing rules, requirements, etc. etc.) it all ended ok, as it always somehow does. I know this won't be the last UAG messes with us, but I'm to the point where I've just got to ride out my last year. I know that my future is in God's hands, and I'm sure the rollar coaster will continue as such. I've just got to hang on and enjoy it! I am so incredibly thankful God is in control of my life, I seriously don't think I'd be able to handle the predicaments I find myself in on my own. Correction...I know I couldn't.

Then there was 5 days spent in Illinois. That was not enough.

Now I'm in Utah. Been scrambling over rocks and hiking the canyons and ridges here for the past week with my family.

And finally, tomorrow we are heading up to Salt Lake City where my flight leaves, Lord willing, bringing me to my final destination and home for the next 4 weeks of my life, Boston.
Today I completed an online training course on how to use the computer based system used at Children's. At the beginning it said it should take me 60-90 minutes.....they weren't factoring into that the fact that I've never even seen such a system before in my life. I knew I was going to feel stupid coming to the US hospitals, but oh boy! This is one of those predicaments I was referring to earlier. Lord...help!



Hasta!

1 comment:

Schlipf family said...

makes me want to go on a hiking excursion!! :) So beautiful!! I agree with 5 days in IL being NOT ENOUGH!! :) miss ya and sending you a hug,
K