Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Estoy trabajando.

 Life feels good right now. One of my biggest problems currently is deciding to go with either my usual OR playlist or leave it and play some Christmas music in the OR.

It feels good to be able to go to the hospital and just enjoy my work, without a voice in the back of my head yelling they'd rather be studying. 

It feels good to check things off my To Do List that has been in a perpetual state of growth these past few months as I repeatedly prioritized studying rather than pretty much anything else. Makes me feel productive, which is a really good feeling.

It feels good to finally answer a few questions about Togo and focus on my preparations for moving there in a few weeks. I've started learning French. Oui, Merci, Aujourd'hui and the like. I've also been taking my friend's dirt bike out occasionally as I'm told it will be my primary mode of transport. I'll be honest not the most graceful when it comes to dirt bikes. The first time out I sent myself over the handlebars and came away with some nice road rash. And since then, in what may actually be the most embarrassing moment of my life, I somehow managed to run into a building! In my defense, it was a smaller area and as I was attempting to tighten my turn, turned the handlebars, but simultaneously pulled on the throttle sending both the bike and me shooting forward. But no matter how I try to explain it, doesn't cover up the fact that I managed to hit a very large stationary object. Watch out Togo!

It also feels good to freely get out and socialize a bit again. 

Loved visiting with my Beer family. Reg & Bev and their troupe.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Lainey & Colton

 

So much to be Thankful for this year at Thanksgiving. It was my holiday to cover call at the hospital. So Andrea & Callie Furrer made a feast of Korean chicken, noodles & bok choy with peanut sauce, cesar salad, and smashed potatoes and brought it to me. And then our young professional group had a Friendsgiving on Sunday. So lots of festivities and celebration of thanks.

Much Love.


No comments: