Friday, October 21, 2022

Estoy ansiosa.

 Finishing call this morning felt really good. As the past weeks have skipped and tripped by I have felt my anxiety level slowly creeping up. The oral boards are in a few weeks, and despite another year of experience, another year of studying, and many months working with a coach on speaking, I still feel as unprepared as ever. It hoovers, making it difficult to focus, and making it that much more difficult to enjoy my work. I'd rather be studying, and yesterday was my last call until after the boards Nov 11. Have to admit, feel a little relief.

I am thankful I was not made for this test, but rather what is beyond this test. It's perhaps my own pride that pushes me to take and pass the oral boards. Or my own subconscious need for security, knowing that as a board certified surgeon, I could then always rely on having a safe job here in the States. But maybe this oral test is ment to forever be my humility, and only God knows where this will take me. All I know, is I am thankful.

Last weekend marked another year here on this Earth for myself. Was rather embarrassed when I realized I had to calculate my age from my birth year, because for approximately the past 6 months I had already thought I was 37. Very twilight-zone-ish to be 37 and then realize you're only turning 37.....

One blessing about roommates, they help provide balance. 

Nicole's cousin, Priscila, from Canada visited this past weekend, so I had ample enjoyment out of my birthday weekend. I am blessed.

Beautiful fall weather on Charles St. 
 
It's not just shaved ice. It's not just ice cream. It's both. And it's more. It's Bingsoo.
Priscila, Nicole, Heather, me

 Sunday stroll on the Wabash Heritage Trail
 
 When with Argentinians, it's never an inappropriate time to drink mate.

When you try to take a group picture and then realize just how late you stayed chatting at the Beef House.

Parking lot lights to the rescue! Me, Amber, Kaleigh, Kara, Callie

Gray is still beautiful on Charles St.

Much Love.
 
Last but not least, tradition for my birthday.

No comments: