Thursday, January 20, 2022

Soy una paciente.

 It's my turn to be the patient. Lord willing, will have Lasik surgery tomorrow. Not a big procedure, lasting less than an hour in total. Reading through the risks, and I want to pray extra that they push the right buttons and dials on the lasers when the time comes, and I don't end up loosing my sight. Yes definitely went for the worst case scenario there. Gulp! Just like for any surgery/procedure there is risk involved, but considering possible futures and needs and even demands from long calls in the present, the benefits outweigh the risks. Leaving my sight in the hands of Jehovah-rapha; just as this year has taught me to leave all my patients, likewise, in His hands.

When planning ahead, I requested a chunk of time without call, during which I was hoping to schedule the Lasik. Thankfully that worked out just fine, and I know find myself midway through two weeks without call. I took the opportunity to visit Connecticut last weekend. Very short, and missed many due to COVID or their own absence due to trips, but it was very sweet. One trouble with travel during winter, is that I am always cold so my hands stay covered and in pockets. Thus, photos were few. In fact, Finn got more photos than anything else!

"Oh a human sat down!"

"Pet me!"

"Seriously, why aren't you petting me yet?"

Returned with just a bit of time to take care of a few patients, and make an exploration trip up to Rensselaer. I will start in February offering coverage at the hospital there once a week, so thought it best to go say hi before that became official. 

As in St. John 9:1-38, Jesus healed and gave sight that people may believe. As his disciples, let us likewise heal and give sight that many more may believe. 

Much Love.


No comments: