Saturday, June 19, 2021

Estoy cambiando el tema.

 And just like that residency is over; absolutely no Pomp and very little Circumstance. 

I once again failed at taking any pictures of the dinner hosted Friday night and thus far only a few have trickled in.

 L to R: Dr. Con (program director), me, Ansab, Ash, Vasu, Dr. Latifi ( Director of Surgery)

The PGY4s roasted the chiefs as per tradition. They handed out a few of their own awards as part of their roast. My favorite: "Member of the Surgery in a Backpack Society"

Chiefs with two of our transplant surgeons L to R: Ansab, Dr. Sogawa, me, Ash, Dr. Veillette, Vasu 

Love and Prayers.

For the past two years I have worked, ran, and lived to the same theme song. I believe I've mentioned it before, Hard Love by Needtobreathe. I won't replay it now, because over the past four weeks or so, I have felt a huge change in the rhythm and the weight of my days.  The chips on my shoulder that had seemed so incredibly heavy; reason would have had me believe them to be impossible to loose. And yet, I find myself looking back at my time at WMC no longer burdened with anger and frustration but with thankfulness. I look at my shoulder, and not a chip left to be found. Where reason fails, the love and grace of God prevails. 

There is a new theme song now. Amen by for King and Country. Not only as a survivor of a general surgery residency, but as a born-again follower of Jesus I have so much to be thankful for. Amen. 


Amen.

No comments: