Thursday, June 17, 2021

Estoy al fin.

 My last week of General Surgery residency in pictures.

6.12.21 Ice Cream Social in Ellington, CT.  When you want to say goodbye to A. LOT. of people. Have them all come to you!! Thank you Kevin & Cheryl Ryan. It was a fabulous idea! 



6.13.21 Vascular Surgery Farewell Party. I was coming from CT so arrived late, but just in time for the amazing Indian food and a few pictures!

Graduating Chiefs: Vasu, Ash, Ansab, Me

The chiefs with Dr. Babu (left) and Dr. Goyal (right)


With Dr. Mateo and Dr. Goyal 

(L to R: Asad, Moe, Thanh, Ansab, Dr. Mateo, me, Sara, Alex, Dr. Goyal)

Moe did an excellent job with the selfie taking! Above L to R: Moe, Asad, Ansab, Ash, me

Below L to R: Moe, Ansab, Asad, Alex, Nicole, me, Thanh, Sara, Adrian

And finally, to show that I didn't just party at the end of residency! ;)

Graduating chiefs with the Chief of Surgery, Dr. Latifi

Second to last case of residency. A Whipple with Dr. Veillette and Dr. Stewart. (My last case today was a PSARP (posterior sagittal anorectoplasty) with Dr. Stewart). Last chief still operating! :)

My last team of residency, L to R: Thanh (intern), Sara (med student), Enea (rotator)

No one knew that Enea was joining us for the block; he just showed up one day. Honestly a bit like an answer to a pray I didn't even know I had. It was busy, Thanh was gone a few days, and he did an excellent job. Would have survived either way, but made such a huge difference to have the extra team member. 

Love and Prayers!


P.S. I stopped and took this video on my way out of the hospital. In all my years at WMC - MFCH I have never been able to understand why such frightening characters decorate the hallways of a children's hospital. 






No comments: