Saturday, April 17, 2021

Estoy soportando mis amigos.

The day after my last post, look what was waiting for me when I got home from work.

Not green, but promising just the same! Made me smile!

The following is really random, so let me explain...

I was getting home from call at approximately 10:30am and the only thing I wanted at that point was to stop standing. Perhaps even to fall over. I get to my building and am unable to open the door. The key code doesn't work, so I try my physical key, to no avail. I walk around to try to get into the next building, then plan to get into my building via the underground tunnels. That didn't work. I fiddle with the door a few tries more. I finally give in and call security and maintenance. Knowing it takes them 45min to respond, I plan to break into my apartment through the window I have cracked. (I have finally given in and leave it open 24/7 to let my neighbor's cigarette smoke out, so I don't have to come home to a smoky apartment). But right then, up drives my knight in shining armor. Well not really, he couldn't get the door open either. Which in a way, made me feel better that I hadn't just been too tired or too weak to open the door. Cause.... that would have been embarrassing. But he did at least have a key that worked on the next building and was able to get in via the tunnels and then open the door from the inside. So a knight at least. I thank you, Sir!

Love and Prayers!


No comments: