Saturday, November 28, 2020

Estoy practicando el coraje.

 I started listening to Christmas music a week ago. Granted my Mom had tried to get me to listen back in October, I'm not as bold as that. I confessed at work one day prior to Thanksgiving. My team, of course, attempted to argue the inappropriateness of my decision. To which I responded, "It's 2020." And they had no come-back. No response. Argument over.

There was an unspoken understanding shared amongst humans across social media. I watched as Christmas decorations went up right after Halloween. Artists releasing their new Christmas singles or even whole albums everyday. There is not only a need for Love, but a starvation for Hope this year. The same need and starvation that you find on the streets, in the shelters, and filling the jails on a daily basis, but it's been dwelling in the households, the school hallways, and the wards of the hospitals like never seen before. The world needs Love, and Hope and Joy. And as a nation, I see us reaching out to Christmas differently this year. 

I was expecting to be working the whole Thankgiving holiday, but for a handful of different reasons, there has not been a single transplant thus far. It's given our whole service a bit of needed rest. I took the time and challenged myself to work on counting my blessings. Sounds corny, I know, but truth be told, I'm ashamed to admit I have not done enough of that recently.

So I'm listening to Christmas, and acknowledging that I am blessed, and my future in the hands of my Saviour may bring me to even harder and more difficult years yet.

No comments: