Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Estoy escapando.

 Stayed post-call this morning to do a quick case with one of my favorite attendings. Patient had a gigantic cyst in the liver. I popped it, sucked out all the fluid, and the liver deflated like a balloon!  I then fenestrated the roof of the cyst and took care to make sure it never comes back again! Closing the port sites at the end of the case the scrub tech asked me if I wanted any glue, to which I responded "Por Favor!" Albeit, I admit, a bit more overly exuberant than necessary. But thinking that I had said "Praise the Lord!" The nurse in the back of the room joined in with a hearty, "Amen!" And we all laughed!

Managed to get W.O.W. together again. Expanded the event to include some of our fellows and med students interested in surgery. I reserved escape rooms. Had enough people that we had to split up into two different rooms. Both groups managed to escape in time!

Our task was actually to break into a police station and get the safe code off of the chief's computer for the bank safe! Consider the bank robbed! jk we gave the money back again afterwards ;) R to L: Clara (pgy4), Alex(recent grad, waiting to start fellowship in Boston), Aparna (med student), Christine (MIS fellow), me, Monica (MIS fellow)

The second room had to do with aliens, not sure of the story, but they escaped with 58seconds left! (Mary, Michelle (critical care fellow), Kira (pgy1), Thanh (pgy1), Sara (pgy2), Alex (pgy2)

L to R: Alex, Sara, Alex, Clara, Mary, Michelle, Me, Thanh, Monica, Christine, Kira, Aparna

Such a lovely bunch!

Much love and prayers!


No comments: