Sunday, November 24, 2019

Estoy pintando.

W.O.W event #2 of the year, paint and sip followed by sushi.


 Muse Paintbar, White Plains, NY

Front row L to R: Alex, Sara, Alex
Back row L to R: Michelle, Monica, me
missing in action: Clara and Maria Clara



Making art is stressful. Or attempting to make art. I guess that's why they encourage the "sip" part of paint and sip. As is typical with surgeons, that OCD part of our personality wanted to get the cloud right, and the reflection right, and the color the right shade or tint and the blend smooth. Ha! None of that was even close to achieved though we stood there and tried. If you ask me about my painting, there's a laundry list of things I would change. In the end, that's why I painted Nessie. To relieve myself from the pressure of making a pretty scene. You can look at Nessie, and we can all enjoy a laugh together.


One fact easily recognizable with art, it looks much better from a distance. Up close the individual colors standout and look out of place, and you can make a fuss trying to get one cloud look just right, or trying to blend a specific part of the sky. But taking a step back, that color in combination with the picture as a whole, makes sense. There's a well known reiterated life-lesson to take from that. ;)


1Co 13 9-10,12 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

No comments: