Saturday, June 22, 2019

Estoy esperando el vuelo

Airports really are fantastic places. So much food for the imagination as people parade past in unending display. God really did take the time to create each one, and you can tell by the way they hold their head and subconsciously announce their presence to the world. Who opted for the comfortable style, who for the fashionable? Who is traveling with the smallest baby, who the largest instrument? Hmmmmm, interesting tattoo. I myself, went for a more eclectic look this time. Not outrageous, just on the fringe of weird. Thought it would be fun to confuse people a bit. Silly me, I had forgotten just exactly the situation I was headed into. As a general rule, its an inverse relationship, the more populous a public place, the less any individual is noticed. 

Being in the ICU this month has granted me a rather unusual schedule. So while I appreciate the typical end-of-the-year drama the rest of my colleagues are struggling with back at the Chester, I am thankful to appreciate it remotely via What’s app texting strings. I took advantage of my odd scheduling and flew to Illinois for a quick 48hr visit. Have to periodically stop by and play with my nephews. The baby is growing up with or without me, might as well make it with when possible.

I had limited the visit to 48hrs so I could be back in NY in time for our residency graduation. After delays and then sitting on our plane for over an hour without moving I noticed workers start to unload all of our luggage. I sadly faced the realization that I was not going to make the graduation. I started residency 5 years ago with our graduating chiefs: Matt Bronstein, Kristina Dzeba and Niu Zhang. For the past five years they have been in that group of people with whom the vast majority of my time is spent. I didn't get to hug them goodbye and farewell. I probably had placed too much priority on being there, and hence why God saw fit to delay my travels and instead entertain me with his creation throughout terminal 3 of O'Hare airport.

That guy just tried to pick up two Aussie chicks. Their response polite, but not interested. Quite amusing. 

On suggestion and request of Mom, Carrie arranged for a professional family photo session during those 48hrs. It went well! The weather was nice. The boys smiled. Will be interested to see what our photographer was able to capture. I, of course, grabbed my nephews for a few extra shots.
 
 Peter Bear, Little Lincoln and Miles Austin

 Love me a Miles Austin squeeze between Mom and myself

Look at this cutie! Not such a baby anymore!

 Love you Peter Bear!


Story time!

Much Love!

No comments: