Sunday, December 31, 2017

Estoy nadando.


 After a cold grey day, the sudden orange glow lighting up my blinds told me that before it was too late the sinking sun had decided to bid New York a fond farewell to it's 2017 face. I braved the frigid air to stick my head out and return the farewell.





There's a concise little article floating out there entitled, "How to Swim with Sharks." I read it years ago, in medical school I believe was the first time, but paid it no mind. I just want to do my job, and will ignore the sharks, I naively thought. It was placed back in my hands just recently, drawing me out of my tendency to ignore what needs to be addressed. And reading it again this time I realized just why I chose to ignore it in the first place. Things like " Use anticipatory retaliation." and "Get out of the water if someone is bleeding." Quite honestly make me uncomfortable to read, let alone picture myself doing.

      "Actually, nobody wants to swim with sharks. It is not an acknowledged sport and it is neither enjoyable nor exhilarating."

Yet here I am 2018, swimming with sharks. ...I think I need to hang out with more fish.

I had a couple more paragraphs further illustrating shark infested waters, but it felt good enough to illustrate them for myself, and don't actually need to be shared, so I have saved them away elsewhere.

I wish all the fish, the ponies, the lambs, the elephants and all the sharks out there a Happy and Blessed New Year's.

Much Love.

No comments: