Sunday, September 18, 2016

Estoy azul como el mar.

Easy to tell that the days are getting shorter. I raced the sunset home twice this past week. First time looked like God had painted using oil pastels and the second looked like a giant golden goose egg nestled among robin eggs. But that didn't matter as both times the sunset still won. And the remainder of the nights, sunset was long gone by the time I got to leave. To top off a busy couple of weeks, Friday was a day of hard lessons for me. It was a good day. Good due to the fact that I learned some good lessons, but... they were hard.

Thankfully I'm on call Saturday night this weekend, as the day was a bit difficult for me. I could tell that Friday had taken it out of me a bit more than usual. Just moving slowly. I sipped my coffee so slowly that it went cold before I could even finish it! Attempted to take care of some personal issues, and a trip to the bank got me outside. So nice outside. My neighbor, Charlie, was cleaning up his golf clubs for a day of usage and commented on how I finally had a day off! To which I responded that I was just on overnight instead of the day. He shook his head and told me to enjoy what I could of the day. I don't know my neighbors very well, just for lack of opportunity to get to know them. Yet on a day which I really wasn't feeling well his sympathizing shake of the head was rather comforting.  I took it as the hug that I needed. We all need someone to sympathize with us once in a while right? Shortly after that, I gave up trying to be productive. I pulled up my curtains and opened my door wide. I put myself back to bed pretending I was outside enjoying the day.

Much Love.

No comments: