Thursday, June 16, 2016

Estoy perdida.

The days seem to absolutely fly by, and yet, by the end of the day, morning was so long ago that I stand in the parking lot completely lost as to where I parked my car. Thankfully its in the same general vicinity every day so I can slowly walk the rows until a silver honda says hello.

I had two cases today. The second case, a below knee amputation, can or can not be a lot of tying. It really depends on how much bleeding you run into. I've had both, this particular case more on the waterfall side of bleeding, so there was alot of tying. Super exciting for me, I didn't break a single tie. I always seem to break a couple. It's a fine balance to find between throwing weak knots, holding tension on the tie, or simply snapping the tie. My first case I had only broken one. It was a carotid endarterectomy, with the Master of Carotids himself, Dr. Babu.

I was speaking with a family the other day, and the father kept referring to a Dr. Bebe, and then to a Dr. Baba. Thankfully he was honestly doing it unintentionally, because elsewise...those could be construed as an insult.  And then... those would be fighting words.
It surprises me how protective I feel sometimes about some of the people I am blessed to work with.

In addition to short a handful of residents and extra hours for everyone, the end of the year brings with it social activities and parties associated with/in honor of the graduating chiefs.

 Brunch with W.O.W. ( Women of Westchester)

 Brunch with W.O.W.

St. Vincent's has their own graduation reception for the graduating chiefs each year. I had brought a change of clothes with me and carpooled after work in order to attend. L to R: Hanna (and Golden) and Heidi are two of our chiefs, then it's me, Monica and Dzeba. (Hanna's oldest son, Tefari, choose that exact moment to dive across the screen. :)

Much Love.

No comments: