Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Estoy de mal humor.

I'm in a rather grumpy mood. I'd like to blame it on the fact that I get to start my vacation this coming Saturday. The closer it is, the harder it is to be content with caring that so-and-so's blood pressure is 164.

With each new consult I tell myself, just a few more days.  Just a few more days and then no one will call me.  I won't carry a pager.  I won't carry a badge. No one will ask anything of me. I won't be expected to perform. I won't be required to fulfill duties.

A short respite during which I can study uninterrupted. It'll be a welcome break. I don't get to travel this year as I did last time, but for good reason.  As I just mentioned I plan on studying this break, preparing for the in-service examination at the end of January.

In the meantime... just three more nights.  Come on Christy!  We got this!  We're good! Yes bring on yet another silly, half-prepared consult that won't end up going to the OR anyways! We would love to drop everything we are doing to address your concern. We can handle it! We can handle anything!

Much Love.

No comments: