Thursday, October 1, 2015

Estoy orando.

I had a plan this morning.  Why did I have a plan?  I really can't remember why I had thought that would be a good idea. Cannot honestly provide a reason for making a plan for my day other than momentary lapse in judgement.  As I'm sure you've assumed, the day turned out nothing like the aforementioned "plan." The fact that I'm writing on 10/1/15 is the perfect ending to such a day, as I had wanted to be writing on 9/30/15.

It just wasn't a good day... I mean it was a fine day. I was in the OR all day. But my chief was post-call and my intern (Adi) had to cover my other case as I was in an emergency case and therefore our team had no one on the floor. And it was our last day on service. So both Adi and I get out of the OR late, and back on the floor again even later and try to wade through the mess that had accumulated throughout the day in our absence. Takes extra time to get the service tee'd up to be handed off to the incoming team.  And then even extra time to receive sign out of our new service.  Both Adi and I are going to Vascular for the month of October. We had a quick Vascular team meeting in the trauma bay before finally heading home for the night. Hearing from our new chief and her expectations for the month. I was "punished" three times already and the month technically hasn't even started yet.

Much Love,

No comments: