Saturday, October 10, 2015

Estoy disfrutando este día de otoño.


 I let myself sleep until I woke up on my own. My covers weren't even wrinkled when I finally stirred from beneath to make myself some coffee. Looking in the mirror I could see the left side of my face was smashed. Even my eyelid was indented from lying in one place for so long. Coffee made, I grabbed the cup and took it back to bed with me. I propped myself up half under the covers and slowly enjoyed my coffee while reading in bed. It's the best part of a day off. Waking up without an alarm and then reading in bed with coffee.

I went for a run today. Hadn't done so in over a month, and within a quarter mile could feel the muscles of my legs switching form aerobic metabolism into anaerobic metabolism. But I kept going; it was my day off and therefore could pace myself as slow as needed. Ground was still wet from the rain yesterday so was going to bypass the park, but at the last second turned into the trail anyways.  It was worth it. The October sun. The clear air. The colored leaves starting to dot the trail and intermingle with the green of the trees. Even the mud was just the right amount!

I went on some errands to keep myself outside.  The majority I didn't necessarily need to actually complete, but I was just looking for excuses to stay outside as long as possible. I thought about buying a pumpkin, but realistically knew that it would stay sitting by my door probably until covered by snow and I'd forget it was there. Revealed anew in the spring after the snow melts away I'd finally dispose of it my head hung in shame at how poorly I take care of my decorations. So to save myself the inevitable shame I passed the pumpkins resisting the urge.

It's hard to explain the renewal one feels from having a day like today. A moment to sleep. A moment to relax and just be thankful. Thankful for today if nothing else.

I pray God has blessed your Fall day as beautifully as he blessed mine.

Much Love.


No comments: