Sunday, February 1, 2015

Estoy lavando la ropa.

Test is over. No comment.

Moving on.

Another month of trauma is now over as well. Moving onto Vascular Surgery for the month of February. The past month started off manageable and then the first ice storm hit Westchester County and our list grew by 20 patients in approximately a 24 hour period of time. We spent the rest of the month recovering. There's so many stories to tell and no time to tell them. I want to tell you how this patient made me laugh.  And how this patient annoyed me so much. What happened during surgery with this patient. How I had an awful day.  How due to weather it seems I spend more nights sleeping at the hospital than at home. How a broken mug ment more than simply a piece of broken dish.

And now, post-ABSITE, I've claimed a chair against the wall of the laundromat and sit with my computer on my lap waiting for the dryer to stop spinning.  The white page opened and cursor blinking awaiting for all of the aforementioned stories.  But should I start, the impending snow would already be a foot deep before I finished. And I've got to get back to the hospital yet tonight before that happens so I can already be at work tomorrow and not die on my way trying to get there.

I've considered vlogging in the past. Many times actually. How easy it would be to just talk to a camera and then upload it. Soooo much faster. But who am I kidding, even if I did attempt to vlog I'd probably end up scripting the vlog before actually filming it, and in the process actually take twice as long instead of half as long. And therefore, I continue to blog and leave the camera on the shelf.

And so stories are left untold. Lost to mere memory.

This is my first time rotating on Vascular. I'm not quite sure what to expect.  If I'll like it or not? Time will tell. At least now I won't be trying to cram studying into my late evenings anymore. Therefore between looking forward to vacation, and planning for vacation I should have more time to write.  Perhaps.  We'll see what the month holds for us.

Much Love.

No comments: