Sunday, September 15, 2013

Yo estoy volando.

September 15, 2013.

If one is to skydive, today would be the day to do it.  Absolutely, irrefutably gorgeous.  Another year has brought me to that point yet again.

I had wanted to write something in an attempt to do the day justice as I did a year ago today.  See HERE for reference.  There's so much I had wanted to say, but like all too often I can't get two lines to come out in any semblance of coherence.  I just can't today.  I'm sorry.  I hang my head and sigh, for I know I will regret not writing. But, I am tired, and the alarm is still due to sound early.

One thing, I will say.

Last year, I stood at the door of the airplane for months frozen in anticipation, wrestling an internal debate over whether to jump with a parachute or not.  This year not only did I not even go near the door, but hardly even looked in it's direction until this past week.  And when today came, I didn't even ask about a parachute.  The parachute was just a mindset anyways.  I just took a running start and went flying.

Perhaps those five sentences of analogous summary can really only make sense to me.  Me and Jesus.  He's flying right there with me.  I no longer need Him to catch me out of my fall.  I'm already in His arms.

I know in whom to trust.  I know whom I will serve for eternity.  My Lord and Saviour, Jesus.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16



1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.