Sunday, August 4, 2013

Yo estoy viviendo dia por dia.

You know when you make plans and then wake up the next morning realizing you forgot to consult the weather when you made said plans.....

That was my Saturday morning.  Well, not the whole morning!  I had planned to eat a muffin for breakfast, and that I could do.  Baby steps!

Reminds me of a time in undergrad...

CS:  Name me one time when you wanted something and you actually got it!
AH:  I wanted pizza and I got it!

Good times!  :)

I'm not sure how much to tell of the current situation with Dr. Blood.  It is his story to tell after all, not really mine.  But, over the past couple of months I've come to expect his absence from the hospital due to seizures anywhere from a few days to a whole week following his week as attending in the SICU.  This past week was not his post-attending week, and yet it was rough.  A couple of episodes of break-through seizures which culminated in a message that I received Thursday morning that he was being urgently admitted by his neurologist.  And then I heard nothing.  Today, I finally did receive a quick message that he is still in the hospital and progress is slow.  Dr. Blood is now 99% positive and ready to go forward with brain surgery.  What this means for me.   What this means for my future at WMC, for continuing in research.  All unknown.  All that can be done is to pray for Dr. Blood, his wife, and his two boys (ages 20 months, and 2 months), and continue trusting one day at a time.

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is quite the story. Definitely reason for prayers for both you and the Dr and his family!

On a lighter note, the shout out to undergrad made me laugh! :-)

Tara