Friday, August 23, 2013

Yo estoy fracasando.

It happens to everyone.  You wake up and something's off.  Indescribable, but wrong.  All week I've felt it building.  And then this morning what little focus I was holding onto slipped right through my fingers.  I start my studying each morning with a block of questions.  48 questions.  60 minutes.  Never fails that the block goes down to the last second.  This morning was no different.  I had 2 questions left and 2 minutes.  Not exactly comfortable but easily doable, no problem.  The next thing I knew I was still staring at question 47 and a box was blinking 'time expired'.  My mind was.....who knows where anymore.  But it wasn't on the question.  Not even the threat of a clicking clock could keep my focus.

Am I getting bored? Maybe.  I could switch it up.  Study cases or read in the morning and do a block of questions in the afternoon before reading more.  Ooooh! now that would be living on the edge.  I'm such a rebel!

Am I tired?  What? No couldn't be that!  (As I take yet another cup of coffee.)  No to be honest, of course I'm tired.  But I haven't picked up any of my usual signs of exhaustion lately.  However, I can't just ignore my lack of focus.  I'm not going to set my alarm tomorrow morning! 

Whatever the reason, I've got to do something different.  The last couple of weeks, I've felt like I would even resort to drugs.  Very common in the medical field.  Grab any random medical student and guaranteed they've got some sort of access to amphetamines.  I couldn't give you percentages, but to say I've never popped a Ritalin, or the like, puts me in the minority.

Well, I've still got options before I resort to that, but Carrie....you may just be getting a phone call from me some day soon!  kidding!! kidding!!  oh my I'm such a bad example!  I'd never call up my sister....I'd just get my own prescription.  haha.  definitely still kidding.

Stay away from drugs kids!

Hasta!


No comments: