Monday, October 8, 2012

Yo estoy individual.

I like driving.  It's relaxing for me.  I don't do nothing very well.  But with driving...you get to do nothing while doing something.  It's a productive way of doing nothing that my brain somehow accepts.  Time passes quickly especially when you have someone to talk to.  Kaleigh Schlipf made the drive out to NY with me.  Below is our adventure.
 Echo Bay from Hudson Park in New Rochelle.  We started our Friday by walking down to the Sound.  Unfortunately I kind of led us on a detour on the way there...a longer detour.  We were almost all walked out before even getting downtown.  Whoops!
 
 In Central Park.  Very nice...and Kaleigh says she's not artistic.  My camera is well on its way to really broke....currently only kind of broke.  So the majority of these pictures were taken by Kaleigh with some from my cell phone.

Since we hadn't really planned anything for the day we didn't have tickets for anything, so instead we hopped on the Staten Island Ferry taking us right by Liberty Island and on to Staten Island.


View from the Staten Island Ferry leaving Manhattan.  To the Left is the Statue of Liberty (looks really small in this photo). In the center is the South tip of Manhattan and to the right is the West edge of Brooklyn

Arriving at Staten Island I really loved this light house. (situated at Bayonne Golf Club in Bayonne, New  Jersey)

 Return trip from Staten Island we enjoyed the setting sun as our background. :)

 
Times Square. The lights. The people. The traffic. The noise.

"Sea of Faces" by Kutless

I see the city lights all around me
Everyone's obscure
Ten million people each with their problems
Why should anyone care

And in Your eyes I can see
I am not just a man, vastly lost in this world
Lost in a Sea of Faces
Your body's the bread, Your blood is the wine
Because you traded Your life for mine


On Saturday we headed to Connecticut. And from there onto Massachusetts adding Bekah to our adventure.  We hiked Mt. Tom and throughtly enjoyed the fresh New England Fall.
 
 While thumping through the forest and after a fair number of slips sending rocks rolling we had to admit we'd make horrible Native Americans.  Had we been Indians our family would be so ashamed.  And we took on the names of Heavy Foot, Thunder, and Pound Cake. You can guess who's who! ;)

a view from Mt. Tom

 Kaleigh and I while hiking Mt. Tom!

Bekah was asked to bring cupcakes to young group Saturday night.  Are you fooled? Quite a few were completely confudled how we kept the ice cream cones from melting.

Me, Kaleigh and Bekah

Hasta!

1 comment:

Schlipf family said...

looks like you guys had a great weekend...thankful for safe travels..funny about the nicknames. Makes me laugh and anxious to pick K up at the airport and hear about it ..and the cousins!