Thursday, February 23, 2012

Yo estoy dormitando.

This week has been a pretty heavy one. The surgeries long. (I've now surpassed that previous 9 hour surgery). The days longer. And then today our OR was closed due to limited anesthesia personnel. And after morning rounds the fellow pulled me aside and whispered that when I got a chance I should "slip out, go home, and recover." *wink* I busied myself a few hours more and then I took his advice...although not the slipping out part.

I hadn't planned on taking a nap. I'm not really a napper. But I figured I wouldn't get much work done with my eyes half closed so I grabbed a blanket and curled up on the couch. When my eyes opened half hour later, I didn't move, but rather let myself remain curled up. I was warm. I was so comfortable. And so for half hour more I lay there half dozing and half just listening. Listening to the rain and a wet Chicago outside the window. Not even the construction down at the intersection bothered me. It was a gray rainy afternoon and there I lay curled up with no need to hurry anything. I felt like I had been given a small unexpected gift, and it made me so happy.

Hasta!

No comments: