Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yo estoy...si ya saben....estudiando.

Another week of class gone by! whew!

We finally were able to take our Behavioral Sciences final after postponing it for about 4 weeks. Glad to move on from that.

Friday night Sung made his famous tacos again. I was put in charge of bringing the fruit. Made the peach pie filling fruit salad, but had to make some major alterations being as well, Mexico has different stuff stocking it's grocery stores. Speaking of which, set up in the grocery store was a pianist playing away as I perused the fresh pineapples. I guess their thinking is calm the customers and they'll buy the biggest pineapple...hey, worked on me!
Everyone loved the fruit salad! :)

When I got home from taco night came home to find that I could not fit in my parking area due to a poorly parked car that belonged to one of the partyers found in the apartment of my neighbor below me. Was going to park along the street and forget about it, but then some of the partyers emerged so I decided to ask if the car could be repositioned. It was quite comical, the scene that took place in front of me. First, I finally got to actually meet my neighbor, Jesus. Previously our conversations have consisted of 'hola' and an occasional 'como estas?' The poor guy was drunk, knew he was drunk, and was trying sooo hard to think clearly in order to communicate logically. Then of course, the owner of the car could not find the keys, so I got to watch as a couple of them went scavaging for the misteriously disappeared keys.
In the end, was finally able to park my car!
Don't know how late the noise lasted as I fell asleep, but this morning heard the last partyers leaving at about 7:30 am.

Had class today from 8 - 10. Kind of odd to have Saturday class, but I don't mind. Got me out of bed, moving, and thinking at a good hour.

Woke up this morning and had no water again. When I still didn't have it by the time I got home from class I made a phone call to see what was up. They're digging holes in Seris again, so water pipes are sometimes compromised! Funny though how my friends down the street a bit still had their water. It was on again by about 1 so all's right again. :)

Hasta!

1 comment:

Amber said...

i think i'd like to be a piano player at a mexican supermarket....

love ya!
amber