Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yo estoy comiendo dulce de guayaba.

I felt like I was just starting back to school today as we got a new schedule, started new classes, and spent our breaks asking everyone what they did over the unexpected second spring break.

UAG is not waiting for us to catch up with our studies; it's full-speed ahead. This means that we are still looking at June 12th as our last day, but that between now and then is incredibly busy as exams are being moved around and some classroom time is being doubled.

The following quote is from one of my classmates today who was upset at the hurried schedule and thought we needed more time to study before upcoming exams, "...this was an emergency, it wasn't a vacation so I escaped! I escaped and went away from the city, I went to the beach and didn't bring my books with me! This was an emergency!"
Talking to Triffinie, she said that she thought he was really worried, as he was completely serious in the delivery of his complaint, but then lost it the second he said beach. I, on the other hand, can not say I was so compassionate. I was trying to hold my laughter in the second he said escaped. I couldn't believe his argument was that it was an emergency so he escaped to the beach, (which by the way was not much safer.)

They've got a bunch of new rules for us. We can't sit by each other, but must have an empty chair inbetween. We all have to wear face masks in class. We'll see how these new rules work out, or probably don't....work out.

The bird eggs in the nest by my neighbors door (at the bottom of the stairs) have hatched. I came home to find one of the babies had fallen out!

My weeds died while I was home, but I tried watering them anyways and a few have perked up again!! That's exciting! It would have been horrible to have to admit that I can't even keep weeds alive.

Hasta!

No comments: