Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yo estoy viviendo en Guadalajara.

I want to send out out a ginormous thank you for all who have been praying for me. God answered our prayers in the form of an angel by the name of Cristina. Yesterday I took off for the UAG main campus (CU) lugging my suitcases after. Went to the office for foreign students and instead of answering my questions I got a bunch more questions and a long list of requirements I need to do for immigration. I am sitting on a bench (surrounded by my bags....yes I looked out of place and lost). Cristina came up and offered to help. I was able to use one of my phone cards on her cell phone so I called some people about a place to live. THEN! she even drove me to their homes. The first was too far for me to walk. The second asked me to come at 5. so THEN! Cristina offered to let me hang at her apartment for the few hours while waiting. THEN! she drove me to the lady´s house. The amazing thing is that this lady, SeƱora Rosa, was the name that i had felt led to pick out of the 3 pages of names given to me. The house is very nice. Pulling up I was like oh boy this is going to be expensive...and it is. Very expensive from what I´m used to, but as a new student in a new school, a new country I think it is what I am going to nee. Sra. Rosa is very nice and helpful also. She wants to practice her english with me. So she talks in english and I in spanish.
I will post a picture of my room and my angel once Sra. Rosa gets internet in the house and I can access it with my own computer.
once again, may God bless you all exceedingly for your prayers
Hasta,
Christy

No comments: