Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My first day

I can't really put into words how much I don't feel ready for this. I am in a strange place with no idea of what I am doing. Little recap. Yesterday got to the airport. No problem entering the country. Spent a while in the airport trying to get one of the multiple phone cards I bought to work. No success. Gave up and got a taxi to a random address of a random hotel. After talking with the driver we decided to change my destination. The driver took me to the city center instead. We drove around to multiple hotels till we found one with vacancy. I got a room. The bellhop that helped me was very helpful. He explained there is the Universidad de Guadalajara and the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara which actually isn't in Guadalajara but Zapopan which was too far away for me to go and come back again that day. So I shut myself up in my room. In the last 55 hours I had had a total of 3 hours of sleep plus my body was drained from trying to look like I knew what I was doing when really I had no idea. so I read, slept, took a shower, and went to bed. I was really wishing I was at home.
I pray that in a few days or weeks or months when I have everything figured out I can look back at my first few days in Guadalajara and laugh at myself when my faith was so weak all I wanted was to cry and go home.
Now today I've got to find a way to get to the school.....and then I'll go from there.

hasta,
Christy

1 comment:

Tara said...

I think you're right about looking back and seeing God in control all along. (I know, I know easy for me to say right?) Anyways, I love you and will keep praying for you. Thanks for posting!