Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Estoy orando.

 We are feeling the after-affects of Hurricane Helene here in Lafayette, IN. Baxter Manufacturing in NC is a global supplier of IV fluids, amongst other things, and Franciscan contracts with Baxter supplying all facilities with the IV fluids required for resuscitation, for maintenance, and yes, for surgery. The manufacturing site was completely destroyed by Hurricane Helene and there is currently no timeline when it can be up and running again. Last week, just as I had gotten up and running again, back in the groove, they asked all purely elective cases to be postponed until the hospital's supply of IV fluids can be resumed. I felt incredibly dejected puttering to a "slow way down" once again just as I was ready to sprint to the end of the year. 

I have to keep reminding myself that, as I am not physically in NC myself, the hospital itself is still standing and not destroyed by Hurricane waters and winds, I really have no room to complain, and definitely much to be thankful for. But sometimes, it is just so much easier said than done. I have a long list of patients waiting for their surgeries, and I would love to line them up and satisfy their requests. But here we are waiting. So hard sometimes.  

Waiting really does take a lot of faith, and the balance between waiting, continuing to wait, and action seems to blur at times. 

Last weekend we served lunch for the West Lafayette church, menu = baleadas. But we still found some time to spend else wise. 

When your birthday cake is aerated, and delivered saying "eat immediately or it will dissipate", you of course have to pause to take a picture!

We finally made it to Wolf Park in Battle Ground, IN. Invited Carrie, Troy and nephews to join!
They really are beautiful animals.

Howl Night at Wolf Park. 

Much Love.



No comments: