Thursday, November 23, 2023

Estoy entrenando.

 Today is Thanksgiving. To say that my cup overfloweth this year would be an understatement. I am thankful.

While many are with family today, I get to cover call at the hospital today. Happy and thankful to do so as it means that for the upcoming holidays I too, will be with loved ones. So I am home alone at the moment and waiting for the phone or the pager or both to simultaneously go off summoning me back to the hospital. Trying to redeem this time and check down my perpetual To Do List. Blogging is a staple on that list, and has been so for many years. As of late, house projects and wedding details keep seeming to push it farther down that list. I suppose that is appropriate, and will change soon enough, but explains the slow updates in the meantime. 

I attended DART training in North Carolina last week. DART is Disaster Assistance Response Team and is the disaster relief branch of Samaritan's Purse. The current plan is to make myself and keep myself available for DART deployments for 2024. What disasters await... TBD.

Training center in Boone
Found my seat... not as easy as you would think for some.
Catching the Blue Ridge sunrise at Thunderhill Overlook.

Warehouse and Security Training Center in Wilkesboro. To the left you see a field hospital set up for us to go through and familiarize ourselves. That smaller tent on the end is the OR.

Operating Room
Operating Room
Ward
Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) location of the red phone. 

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!
Much Love.
Christy

No comments: