Friday, April 21, 2023

Togo, Africa pictures 10

 Sequestrum making it's way out of the body


Aisha, my first typhoid case. I've been here long enough I got to subsequently reverse her ostomy!


 Beyond our capabilities to help.

Togo Moto adventure

The moto I borrowed and rode is the first one (red).

Rode up to the fishing pond and back again. 

Moto Adventure gang: Amanda, Theresa, Dena, Sam, me

 random satellite view of the hospital and compound.

at the fishing pond.


at the hospital

Hippo pond


Closest the hippos had ever been!

Yes, those are fishermen out in the hippo pond. And Yes, we have had a hippo bite victim at the hospital


 

Surrounding the hippo pond

With two of our translators in clinic Daoud and Mohamed

Biggest game night yet! L to R: Claire, Amanda, Lisa, Ryan, Rachel, Maddie, Derek, Tina, Friesca
 
 
 Claire (short term RN), Amanda (long-term MK teacher), Lisa (short term RN)
 
I am going to miss the MK school play performance next month, so was watching one of their practices, appreciating how dirty feet are the norm.

C-section for triplets.
Three healthy baby boys!

No comments: