Monday, February 8, 2021

Estoy jugando en la nieve.

Today was probably the least graceful transition that I have managed in my entire past 7 years. I technically started as Chief resident of the Surgical Oncology service today. However, I was on call Sunday and it ended up being one of those calls I never had a chance to sit down.

I had taken a risk, and left some of my work for today undone planning to complete it while on call in order to be prepared. 

In other words, not having a chance to complete my work and appropriately prepare I was giving a whole new definition to "winging it" this morning with my new service. Between grabbing a nap around noon today, and refueling with coffee, I am finally starting to catch up now. 

Tomorrow will be a new day!

This was my team for these past few weeks of unspeakableness. James (PGY3) and David (Uro rotator intern). Look at them! Nice big smiles, despite our situation! So thankful for a team like this when the fighting in the trenches gets nigh unbearable. 

Midnight field trip with the call team to the gym at the behavioral health center. Basketball anyone?

Behind the scenes glimpse of virtual morning report. James presenting case from the comfort of the chief call room couch!

In case you hadn't heard, Nor'easter came through last week! Once the precipitation finally abated I ventured out after work one night. Snow was too dry to pack, so instead of one big snowman. I made two little guys. Meet Stone and Hedge.

On call yesterday, we had another very pretty snowfall on top of what was still left from the Nor'ester Orlena. Turned Narnia into a winter wonderland!

Narnia in the winter!

Much Love and Prayers!




No comments: