Friday, April 6, 2018

San Francisco - California

I thought this post would be relatively easy compared to Galapagos and the Czech Republic, but I surpriseingly had difficulty. For example, every single picture of the bridge had it's own uniqueness and reason to justify posting. That one reason I really liked it, be it the boat floating in the right hand corner of the picture, or the way the sun hits the wings of the birds caught in flight, really nothing to do with the bridge at all but made me want to post a picture nonetheless. Plus half the pictures had boats in them, and I think a boat makes any picture better.  So, in short, I had more difficulty weeding through San Francisco than expected.

I flew from the Galapagos to San Francisco, CA. I met my parents and sister there, and then during our week enjoying the West Coast my uncle flew out to join us as well.

 Climbing Coit Tower

 From Coit Tower

 Alcatraz

 Chinatown

Chinatown

 One of my favorite pictures of the trip. It's one of those pictures of complete strangers, and I wonder who they all are, why are they there, what are they talking about and where are they going next? All framed by benches, lampposts, and bridges, and filled with gray lighting.

 San Francisco

 Boats.

 A man and his dog. 

 Fort Point

 Biking the Bridge

Biking the Bridge

 Pausing on our way to hug a Redwood!

 Bike ride ending at Tiburon, CA where we caught the ferry to cross back across the bay again.

 San Francisco Bay

Obligatory family photo taken as we lined up to head out to Alcatraz. (photo of a photo)

 Birds lined up in a row on Alcatraz.

 Literally... a row.

 So many interesting photos on Alcatraz. Crumbling brick walls, cracked windows, deserted dwellings, ancient graffiti now fading. Too many to include them all, so one to summarize them all.

 Muir Woods

Muir Woods. Everyone craning their necks to enjoy the branches, we miss the undergrowth. 

 Wine cellar at Robert Mondavi Winery. Napa Valley.

 Who knew grape juice was so pretty!

 Robert Mondavi Winery. Napa Valley. The fog makes the mountains look like watercolor

 Stopping for the vista on our way back from Napa Valley.

 Golden Gate Bridge.

A place to sit. A story to share. 

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree." -Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments: