Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Estoy viajando.

I didn't stop moving the month of March. Boats, Planes, Trams, Metros, Cars, Trolleys, Bikes, Ubers... seemingly anything and everything but the hot air balloon and an elephant. I choose to spend my month in such a way. My goal was simple: to experience as much as I could in what time I had allotted as vacation from residency.

Was I ready to return to work this past Monday? No. No, I was not ready to return. I wanted so much to continue onto the next destination. Some much to learn out in this wide world of creation. Flying across the globe you encounter such different and unique ways of life. I enjoy traveling, not just tourism, but really traveling.

I appreciate how Paulo Coelho put it in his Warrior of Light:
"One speaks in a language one doesn't understand, uses money whose worth one does not know, and wanders down streets for the very first time. One knows the old I, with all it learned, is completely useless in the face of these new challenges - and begins discovering that, buried deep down in one's unconscious, there is something far more interesting, adventurous, open to the world and to new experiences."
"To travel is the experience of ceasing to be the person you are trying to be, and becoming the person you really are."

To have the experience of travel, even briefly, even if not ready to return to work, I can go back very very content, and thankful to have been so blessed.

Ever since medical school and my life started turning down a path drastically different from those of my peers, travel has frequently been my check. My check on perspective and priority. I ask myself, "If I am never able to travel again, would I still do this?" And thus far the answer has always, always been yes. Walking this path with Jesus is worth it, even if I am never able to travel again. So whether I stay or go, via boat, bike, car, train, plane, etc. I choose to be with Jesus above all.

Enough rambling... onto the pictures!! ( I'll put these in separate posts.)

Much Love.

No comments: