Saturday, January 28, 2017

Estoy estudiando.

I took the ABSITE today. Our yearly in-service examination. Our yearly reminder that we have still so much to learn. I didn't have to be at the hospital campus until 7am this morning so set my alarm for later, which sent me into a panic this morning when it woke me up and I thought I was late for work.

Despite the abrupt start, I got to the hospital calm and coffee in hand.  Was even one of the earlier ones and had to wait for the test to start.

2nd question: okay next question. hmmm review. I wonder what that is. *Click* Oh no I don't want that. How do I go back? *Click* Would you like to finish your exam? *Gasp* shoot! shoot! how did I get here? cancel. back. back. Question #3. hurrumph, talk about a rough start. 

One hour: Argh!! Same as last year... and the year before that... I don't know anything. Still don't know anything. Will I ever know anything? I'm so stupid. This is stupid.

Second hour: Coffee.  I need more coffee.

Third hour: 55 year old male with abdominal pain and distention. There was an xray. Dr. Con wanted a chest xray and a KUB. He asked for a KUB! Oh shoot, Did I get the KUB? Christy!!! That was two days ago, KUB is old news for that patient. Ahhh! What am I doing? Back to the question. Focus Christy. Focus. 55 year old male with abdominal pain and distention...

Fourth hour: One more hour. 50 more questions. You got this Christy. You can do this! Into the final stretch!

Fifth hour: Done. Nailed it. Wow. Now, to go home and start studying for next year. Maybe one day I won't have to fake the confidence.



Much Love.

No comments: