Friday, January 8, 2016

Estoy recuperando.

My first week of vacation did not go exactly as planned. It was in truth, very reminiscent of Han Solo coming out of his carbonite deep freeze. To start off, he fell flat on his face.  And then, due to his lingering hibernation sickness, it took awhile for him to return to full operational capacity once again.

I would say that today (a week into vacation) was the first day that I felt close to normal. I wasn't expecting it to take a full week for rest and recuperation, but I was sick a few days ago, which set me back, and so I blame that for the protracted recovery.

Even as Han Solo recovered his eyesight in time to save Lando from the Sarlacc Pit, I too feel ready to go once again!!!!

Prior to my arrival in the MidWest, an ice storm had wreaked havoc on the wooden population here. Trucks, attempting to dispose of the fallen branches, would get stuck in the muddy fields, and therefore a rather large unattended bonfire has continually burned over the past week in the parking lot of the community public pool catty-corner from our house.




Much Love.

No comments: