Saturday, June 20, 2015

Estoy diciendo Adios.

The residency year is drawing to a close. Last night I went to the graduation for our four graduating Chiefs. I didn't take any pictures myself, but then thinking about it I decided to go find one.  I figured that as I've alluded to my chiefs enough times over the past year, it would only be fair to give a face with the name. Plus, if I'm honest... I wanted the picture too.  My first chiefs. They shaped this past year for our program in so many ways.  They pulled for all of us, pulled us together.  Granted each in their own very unique ways, but it worked. And now they are done, and there's no guarantee I'll ever see any of them ever again.  I wish each one of them the absolute best life has to offer.

 L to R: Dr. Samir Pandya (Asst. Program Director), Dr. Jose Aquino (going to Nebraska for Plastic Surgery Fellowship),  Dr. Irlna Tantchou (going to Texas for Colorectal Fellowship), Dr. Alison Sweny-Alberton (going to Washington as General Surgeon), Dr. Arpit Amin (going to Long Island as General Surgeon), Dr. Whitney McBride (Program Director)

As the chiefs roasted our Attendings and then in turn we roasted our chiefs we all laughed the evening through. It held a mirror up to this past year for me, and one thing was glaringly obvious in the reflection. I Have Yet. So. Much. To. Learn.  A long stone's throw and far cry from where I am today. And one thing was clear, whether just one more year or more; We're not done here yet.

Here's two pictures from a party I went to last weekend.  A farewell party for our Chiefs hosted at the home of Dr. Babu in Tarrytown. (Not even half of the residents were actually able to attend.)



Much Love.

No comments: