Monday, September 6, 2010

Yo estoy enferma.

I'm sick. muaaaaaw! (I don't know what kind of sound that was supposed to be.) It started as a sore throat and tongue last Friday. Easily ignorable, but over the weekend I noticed it begining to progress to something not so ignorable to the point where last night I finally had to admit that I was sick. Mom, I blame the frozen chicken you had me put on my foot for exacerbating my cold to leaky faucet nastiness. But at the same time at least my stab wound isn't paining me anymore. (A knife was dropped on my foot, blade down, this past weekend.)

Fifth semester started with Cardiology this semester. I know I complained about Gastro being confusing, but now looking at my Cardio schedule, Gastro appears more like a cakewalk. I'm at the hospital from 7 to 2 now. Running around trying to figure out where we were supposed to be today found us in some interesting hallways and corners. It also didn't help much today that my brain was fuzzy from my cold; wasn't really thinking straight to start with. It'll take another day or so to get used to our new schedule.

I had a blessed weekend in Ixtlan this past weekend. Many visitors for the testimonies and baptisms so that all the beds in the guesthouse and at Jan & Marshall's were filled so I got to stay with the Sibajas this time. In addition to getting to enjoy fellowship with my brothers and sisters, for the first time in years I was able to partake in communion Sunday evening. Finally in the right place at the right time again. It was an emotional weekend were tears were shed out of heartache, out of joy, out of shame and saddness, and most importantly out of love. An overwhelming love that we experience for our Savior who became man for us. A love that we share as a family in Christ making it a bond stronger than blood. A singing and bonfire was to follow communion Sunday evening, but I got to be useful instead and gave a ride to a couple from Silverton, Oregon to the airport. Jan sent me on my way with a bag of leftover chicken in one hand and a bag of cookies in the other. :)

Last week during Bible study I had jokingly brought up the idea of everyone doing presentations as our lives at the time seemed to be one presentation after another. However, what started as a joke was resuggested seriously, and in the end one of the regulars volunteered give Bible study this week. Though we are working through the book of Judges now we gave him free riegn to present on what he would like. Please pray for Hector as he prepares for and then gives Bible study this week. Please pray that no matter what turns discussion takes Jesus could be first and foremost glorifed.

One more tidbit of info that I just recently realized. Having now lived in this apartment for 1 1/2 years it is the longest that I've lived in one place since I first moved out of home 5 years ago.

Hasta!

No comments: