Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Estoy apreciando las flores silvestres.

 The wildflowers have been beautiful this year. Despite growing up in the MidWest, I scan through my memories and come up with nothing more than appreciating the lone Queen Anne's Lace that would grow along the 2-mile block we'd ride/run North of Gridley. Makes me wonder if my appreciation of nature was in the past short-sighted or just for some reason, this year is in fact especially bounteous. Secretly hoping for the later... But either way, I run along the county roads West of Brookston now and the butterflies flutter round me, startled from their chosen flower. 

As Jake and I begin tackling the questions and decisions in these beginning steps towards long-term missions, I start to see the mountains ahead, waiting for us to climb. It makes me appreciate this time we have together right now a little bit more. Mountains bring their own challenges and joys. I've climbed many mountains together with Jesus in the past, and now together with Jake the three of us will climb many more. I am thankful for those occasional pauses God blesses us with. Those moments to appreciate the wild flowers. 

Stoller family photos 2024 (amongst the wildflowers!)

couldn't resist including this one.

Loved this one of Chelli with the boys!
Some of my favorites taken of just Jake & I.




My favorite picture from the whole shoot. 
Bonus picture from the evening. Took this one myself as requested by Lincoln!

Much Love.


No comments: