Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Estoy saltando

 So glad it's a leap year! It means March won't be a repeat of February. I know... weird things annoy me. Worse that it's something I have absolutely no control over. 

On a side note, today was the deadline I had made for myself last year to decide if I would extend my time in Togo, or return home as planned at the end of April. I didn't know at the time what returning home as planned ment, but felt a peace about finding out. God is good.

Last week was my call week. Thankfully with a little change. One of my favorite bands was coming to West Lafayette to play, and months ago we had bought tickets. When I saw of all weekends to be on call, I was assigned that weekend, I worked out an exchange with one of my partners. He actually suggested switching Saturday/Sunday, and I am so glad he did. I was able to fully relax and enjoy the evening rather than wonder the whole concert how my patients were doing and what would be waiting for me when the concert finished. In addition, that Friday call had kept me at the hospital until well after 11pm, and going into 48 more hours of call on little sleep like that doesn't make for an optimal experience.

My theme song since residency finished has been "Amen" by for King and Country. The concert was complete after they sang it that night, at least in my opinion! For a short period a couple years ago (without going into detail), I considered changing it, but I'm glad I stuck with it. The song has about as simple of a chorus as you can imagine, 

"All the people sayAmenAmenAll the people sayAmenAmen, amen"

It has become a personal resolution, that in whatsoever stage of life I am, whatsoever difficulties, trials, or tribulations I am facing, to persist in this anthem. May we forever say Amen! with trust in our Lord and Savior never faltering.


They played Little Drummer Boy as their encore song. One of my favorite Christmas songs as it really struck a cord with me a few of those years while I was out in New York. Yet, like a few other "Christmas" songs, I feel it can be appropriate and applicable at any time of the year.

Come they told me, A new born King to see,Our finest gifts we bring, To lay before the King,
So to honor Him, When we come

Little Baby, I am a poor boy too, I have no gift to bring, That's fit to give the King,
Shall I play for you, On my drum?

Mary nodded, The ox and lamb kept time, I played my drum for Him, I played my best for Him,
Then He smiled at me, 
 Me and my drum
 
May we all play our drum, whatever that drum may be, but let's play our best for Him, our King. Amen!

Much Love.

 


No comments: