Saturday, May 6, 2023

Estoy en casa.

 My time in Togo ended well, and I have returned to Indiana. I've covered a lot of ground, literally, in the past week.

Here's last few photos from Togo. Figured I'd post them since I posted every single other photo. Thought they would feel left out.  All photos taken last Saturday as I traveled from Mango down to Lome to fly back to the USA.










Back in Indiana I was struck by how much slower and colder everything was. Work had given me a few days to settle and recover from jet lag, for which I am thankful, but also the reason for the "slower". 

My nephews and I modeling our matching Togo pants that I had made for all of us!

Once responsibilities at the hospital resumed, flow of life picked up once again. I'll be honest it was a definite mental switch to go back to minimally invasive surgery and limiting myself to just the field of general surgery as defined by US standards. But once at the robot console... just like riding a bike.

Today was the Indy Mini. The annual half marathon that is run on the Indiana Speedway track. I had signed up to run long before Togo was first even mentioned. I was worried how I'd fair after running the past four months really took a hit due to the high temperatures and my schedule in Togo. But I finished the race running! Success!




Val Leman is one of the NPs that works with our team at the hospital. 

Not only did I get Val to run with me, but her three boys as well! Happy to see others motivated to get out and move. 

P.S. yes, I did kiss the red bricks on the racetrack... kind of. Kissed my hand and just bent down to hit the bricks as I ran over them. ;)

Much Love.



No comments: