Thursday, July 8, 2021

Estoy enteniendo la ecuación.

 As I do my best to relax, focus and study alllllllllll day long, there is at the same time a conglomerate of combined forces determined to derail me. 

Moving is a distraction in itself. 

After saying goodbye to New York...

I headed West. It felt different this time. It felt final. All of my belongings packed into my car and the back of my parents' minivan, and I called up a friend. It was no small favor I asked of Amber, as it was about 9 days I was essentially homeless, but she offered up her spare room willingly.

It worked really well. Amber worked from home all day. I studied all day. We kept each other focused and on task. And then we had an automatic built in social activity at the end of everyday. It was perfect! On one special occasion Amy Mammadov and Kaleigh Schlipf joined us in Champaign. It was about the time of the above picture when we were made aware that Bloomington was in the middle of a torrential downpour and the storm was in between us and home for Amy and Kaleigh. 

Spontaneous slumber party!!! Never too old for this! Love it!

But I was finally let into my apartment in Lafayette, IN. I took the day off from studying. And after unloading my car and my parents' minivan, spent all afternoon trying to figure out why I have so much stuff!! But I did finally stop to meet up with some sisters for a welcome to the neighborhood and a download of the local 411. Stopped by to meet with Neil Armstrong of course! Had to make the move official.

Confession time. I never thought I would ever move back to the Mid-West. Well... more honestly, I never really had a desire to ever move back to the Mid-West. But here God has led, and here I have followed. And that previously mentioned opinion has proved rather troublesome in the process. Not even here a week and God already poking and pushing, teaching me the unneccessary, frivolous and perhaps even dangerous waste of energy and time to have preconceived ideas (I know enough not to call them plans). 

So I study, venture out for a run, or a trip to the store, or for a meeting (work related), and try to settle myself. For example, without any close running trails I am happy to find so many sidewalks, but that then means I have to pause at intersections. Con + Pro + Con = Pro. I know, the math doesn't make sense, but this is me now so my brain is going through each equation figuring how to arrive at a Pro solution. 

For those of you that are visual... here's another example. I found the rooftop terrace of my building, and have since spent many many hours up there.



The above two sunsets were taken on two different evenings; the sun turning red as it sunk beyond the horizon.  I can have my pick of sunsets and sunrises here. Pro.

Much Love.


No comments: