Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Estoy contando al final.

 I stood at the scrub sink last night next to my attending. It was my fifth to final call of my residency career, and he knew that. As we scrubbed, he turned to me and said, "This may be the last time I get to scrub with you." To which I could feel a huge smile immediately spread across my face. My "I know" combined with that smile, a bit too on the excited side for the response I knew he was going for. What he saw as the end of a chapter, the closure of a door, and a goodbye; I saw the same event as the beginning of a new chapter, the opening of a door, and a hello. 

I regretted the socially inappropriateness of my response in the situation and apologized. But it was unneeded, he understood. The sadness and finality of this upcoming chapter closure is drastically overshadowed by my readiness to be able to move on.

I now have an active license to practice in the state of Indiana. I now have my own DEA. I now have just 4 calls left of my residency. 24 days and 4 calls. I now have my credentialing paperwork submitted. All that's left is to finish in NY and pass my boards. I put myself down to have a week of vacation last week. I stayed in New York and started diving into a review course for my written board exam. I ended up going into the hospital everyday for at least one surgery, guess I couldn't stay away from the little kids! I would try to then leave again and get back to studying, but it didn't always happen. So I basically just worked through my "vacation." 

I did use the vacation weekends to at least go into the city and then the following, up to Boston. Not sure when I'll ever get back to the East Coast, wanted to say farewell!

Rooftop dining NYC

Rooftop dining NYC

Empire State of Mind

At Central Park, just how did they know?  ("Desperately Seeking Sandwhich & Coffee")

Anita's Gelato

Anita's Gelato

Onassis Reservoir, Central Park

Central Park

Central Park

Central Park

Boston view from Cambridge, Charles River


Taking a photo of the photo-taking, Boston view from Cambridge, Charles River


Boston Common


Always better to travel with a buddy!! Amanda V.

Love and Prayers!

 

 


No comments: