Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Estoy cosechando órganos.

One fine Valentine's Day in Chicago... I remember it was bitter cold as I walked down the sidewalk to the nearest 'L' stop. I rode the 'L' North to the Children's Hospital wrapping my coat as tight as possible until finally inside and out of the frigid blackness of the Chicago morning waiting yet to be broken by a ray of sunlight. I was surprised to find Dr. Backer was already in his office, he had beat me in on Valentine's Day of all days! I got to go on my first organ procurement that day! I got to give a heart for Valentine's Day! Second best day of my life thus far!!

So this year, in honor of my favorite Valentine's Day gift! I went on procurement again. Just slight differences.  1) It was the day before Valentine's Day.  2) We weren’t harvesting the heart  3) and, in the end the organ was deemed too diseased and not safe for transplant.
So to summarize, it was not similar to February 14, 2012 at all. But, still a good experience!
Taking off from Westchester! If you squint beyond White Plains you can see the city in the distance!

Looking South down the Hudson with the Tappen Zee down below!

Attempting to take-off to get home again!

Tiny plane vs blizzard!!

 Tiny plane wins!!

Headed home again!

Much Love!

No comments: